Mohammad Iqbal was born on the 9th of November 1877, in the city of Sialkot. He was born into a Kashmiri family that migrated from Afghanistan during British rule. Allama Iqbal is one of the most influential Muslim thinkers. He was one of the greatest philosophers, and poets as well as an active political leader. His poetry is quite famous and had a great impact on Pakistan’s freedom movement. Allama Iqbal followed various professions but at different times, he worked as a professor of philosophy, joined politics, and practiced law as well. However, many years later he became a national poet, and he favored the idea of Pakistan.
Well, here we are with a fun yet quite interesting quiz which contains some amazing questions to test your knowledge about the greatest poet, Allama Iqbal. Keep on reading to test your knowledge with some of these fantastic general knowledge questions about Allama Iqbal.
16 General knowledge questions about Allama Iqbal
1. When was Allama Iqbal’s tomb built?
Answer: The tomb was built in 1951.
2. In which language is Allama Iqbal most of the work?
3. What is the name of Allama Iqbal’s son?
Answer: Javed Iqbal
4. What is the name of Allama Iqbal’s third poetry collection?
5. What was the first poetry of Allama Iqbal?
Answer: Baang-e-Dara. It was originally written in Persian but was also translated into Urdu due to huge demand.
6. Name the book that was published after Iqbal’s death?
7. Who gave the title of “Sir” to Allama Iqbal?
Answer: King George V
8. When did Allama Iqbal publish his first collection of poetry?
Answer: In 1915
9. What is the name of the first poem of Allama Iqbal?
Answer: Asrar-i-Khudi (Secrets of the Self)
10. Which city is known as the city of Iqbal?
11. Why did Allama Iqbal go to Germany?
Answer: To pursue his doctoral studies
12. When did Allama Iqbal go to Europe?
Answer: In 1905.
13. Why did Allama Iqbal win a gold medal?
Answer: Allama Iqbal won a gold medal for topping his examinations in Philosophy
14. Where is Allama Iqbal’s Tomb?
Answer: Allama Iqbal’s shrine is situated in Lahore
15. Name 3 poetry books of Allama Iqbal?
Answer: – Baang-e-Dara, Zarb-e-Kaleem and Bal-i-Jabreel
16. Name at least 6 best poems of Allama Iqbal for students and kids?
Answer: Hamdardi, Lab pe aati hai dua ban ke tamanna meri, Nigah-e-Faqr Mein Shan-e-Sikandari Kya Hai, Aik Makra aur Makhi, Maa ka Khawab, and Asrar-e-Paida.